Wednesday 17 June 2009

Sapphire Wedding Quilt Wins 1st place!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Sapphire Wedding Quilt
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Yeah ..... I have just heard that Pam and John Sapphire Wedding Quilt has won first place in the traditional category of the Inspirations by Hungarian Blue-Dyed Textiles challenge. I am sooo thrilled for them. This quilt was a real challenge for me to quilt but soo worth it now! Pam called me this afternoon and I just had to scream out loud! Well actually I jumped up and down too! Then I phoned my mum, then emailed my Irish mates, then I told a lady who emailed a request to photograph my kitchen and then I told my hubby who very calmly said - " But of course it did"!


5 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

This is truly a masterpiece, Tracey -- Congratulations!

Diane

Sewing Granny said...

Congratulations !!!

this is one beautiful quilt - beautifully made and beautifully quilted! It deserved to win!

Trudi said...

Congratulations Tracey, its a fantastic quilt with truely amaizing quilting! I wanted to jump up and down with you!!

BilboWaggins said...

MANY congratulations Tracey, beautiful quilt and your quilting is fabulous, hope to see it "in the flesh" one day if Pam exhibits it in the UK.

Sorry to have been AWOL for a while; for stupid tekkie reasons that now do not matter, have not been able to see your blog since about February. You're doing some glorious quilting - now, if you'd like to take over my jungle of a garden so that I can get back to the totally neglected quilting machine . . . no, I didn't think so!

All the best
J.

Eva said...

Could you please post just one simple photo for those you cannot bother waiting for the opening of the smile box? After half a minute waiting it became a frown box to me. So sorry I could not enjoy the view.